Unlike any other app, Instagram tries to improve itself every day. It updates itself with some fun and better features so as to hold its users’ attention and maximize their experience. You might have shopped through Instagram pages visiting their links but never remember those links after some time. Ever thought that Instagram has a history option for all the links visited only if you enable it through settings? Here, we will guide you on how to turn on your link history on Instagram.
- Instagram has this new feature where you can see the history of links you have visited.
- You can either turn off or turn on the history.
- By following simple steps, you can easily hide the entire history.
However, you must read till the end to know more about link history on Instagram.
Steps to turn on your link history on Instagram
- Open your Instagram account.
- Now go to your profile and locate the hamburger icon.
- Then tap on the hamburger icon which is on the top right corner.
- Now you will see a list on your screen, there you have to tap on the ‘Your Activity’ option.
- Scrolling down the screen you will see the ‘Links you have visited’ option.
- Click on the option, and Instagram will ask, “Want to see your link history?”
- Now click on the ‘Allow link history’ option.
By following the above steps, you have enabled your link history. Now every time you visit a link through Instagram, you will be able to see that link in your link history.
How to hide individual links in Link History on Instagram
If you want to hide a specific link in your link history, below are some steps for that.
- Open the Instagram app.
- Now go to your profile.
- Go to the hamburger icon and then go ‘Your Activity’ option.
- Now tap on the ‘Links you have visited’ option.
- You will see a list of links you visited on Instagram
- Long press on the specific link you want to hide.
- Select the hide option and that link will be hidden.
Steps to hide entire link history on Instagram
If you want to hide the entire link history, then
- Open Instagram.
If you want to delete the entire link history, you first need to log in to your Instagram account.
- Go to your activity
After opening the app, go to your profile. Then select the Hamburger option on the top right corner of your profile and go to the ‘Your activity’ option.
- Go to the links you have visited option
Now after tapping the ‘Your Activity’ option, a list will be prompted where you will see the option ‘Links you have visited’
- Hide history
Now after opening the ‘Links you have visited’ option, select the ‘Hide History’ option in the top right corner. Click it and you have a hidden link history.
Instagram links not working – Fixed
If you open an Instagram link and you encounter an error every time, then these fixes are for you.
- Reopen Instagram
If you are encountering the problem of links not opening, the easiest thing you can do is to close and reopen the Instagram app. After you reopen the app, try to open that link again.
- Clearing Caches
Another way to fix the problem is to clear caches. To clear caches,
Go to your device’s settings
Then go to apps, and locate Instagram.
Now tap on Instagram and click on the ‘Clear Caches’ option.
- Signing in again
If you are encountering the problem of links not opening, then sign out and then try to sign in again. After logging in back, try to open the link and the problem will be resolved.
- Using external browser
If you are not able to open a particular link, then try to open the link in an external browser. You can copy the link and then paste it to the external browser.
- Clearing browsing data
If you are encountering this problem, the easiest thing you can do is to clear the browsing data. Cookies are collected by Instagram’s browser, so clearing it might resolve the problem.
Instagram keeps a record of everything. Instagram stores your search history, the posts you have liked, your previous comments, and even the posts you have deleted. It can now store the links you have visited. It is your choice whether you want to enable your link history or you want to keep it off. Whatever it may be, this guide will definitely help you.
The reason you might not be able to click and open the links is due to a poor or unstable connection. Also, you might not be using an updated version of Instagram.
The links in Instagram bios are safe to visit.
If you click and open a suspicious link, your Instagram will get banned.