Are you not able to log in to your Instagram from your phone? Do you need to Instagram access archive stories? Don’t worry, you can access them on your desktop also. Now the biggest concern arises to see archive stories on Instagram on PC.Fortunately, we are here to guide you on how you can see Instagram archive stories on your desktop.
- Archive stories and posts are the ones that you do not delete and keep hidden from your followers in a separate folder.
- Accessing Instagram archives on the desktop is easy.
- You require an Android emulator to find archive stories on Instagram on your desktop.
However, you must read till the end to know more about the ways to see archive stories on Instagram on PC.
What are archive posts and stories on Instagram?
Archive on Instagram are the posts and stories you want to keep a record of, on Instagram but do not want to upload them. These are stored in a separate folder on Instagram that you can look at any time you want. Whatever you mark as an archive on Instagram will be stored in the archive folder. The posts that you see in the archive section on Instagram are the ones you edited but didn’t post. While the stories in the archive section are the ones that expired after 24 hours. Another term for archive on Instagram is temporarily deleting posts and stories. These are the posts and stories that you keep hidden from your followers.
As Instagram allows you to reshare and save posts and stories on Instagram so it is never a problem. You can also delete the posts you don’t want in the archive section. Therefore, you have easy success with the archives in your account. Another great thing is that your archives are only accessible to you and none of your followers can see it.
Is it easy to find archive stories on Instagram on PC?
While it is not always convenient but there could be many reasons for you to use Instagram on your desktop. Either you are not able to log in to your Instagram account from your phone, or maybe Instagram is not working well on your phone, reasons can be many.
Something important to mention here is that, unlike your phone, Instagram does not have the ‘Hamburger’ option from where you can access your archives. But, the good news is, accessing archives on Instagram is as easy as finding them on your phone, by just using an Android emulator.
List of best Android emulator
An Android emulator is a way to create a virtual Android device on your desktop. The device is created with the software and hardware. This tool mimics the programming of Android on the operating system of your PC. It will allow your desktop to have Android and IOS features. Ahead are some top-listed Android emulators for your desktop.
- My OldBoy
- YabaSanshiro 2 Pro
After you go through the above list, you might be able to make up your mind as to which Android emulator you want to download. We would recommend you download Bluestacks, as it is the most efficient among them all. Bluestacks name is established as it is the oldest and the most popular Android emulator for a long time. Users have reviewed it as the one which uses less memory on your PC and runs faster than the others.
How to find archive stories on Instagram on PC?
If you want to view your archive stories on Instagram, then below are some steps that you can follow.
- First, you must download the Android emulator on your desktop. You can either choose from the above list and the best recommended Android emulator is the Bluestacks.
- After downloading the Bluestacks, open the app on your desktop.
- Now sign in with your Google account with which you want to access the bluestacks.
- After signing in, go to the search bar and search for Instagram to download it on your PC.
- Now, a new window will be opened with the Google Play store. Click on the green icon which says “Install”.
- As the Instagram app has been installed, open the Instagram app on your desktop.
- Now login to your Instagram account on your desktop.
- The Instagram on your desktop will look like the Instagram on your phone.
- Now, just go to your profile, and tap on the ‘Hamburger’ option in the top right corner of the screen.
- A list will pop up on your phone and you have to locate Archive.
- Now tap on the ‘Archive’ option and you will see a list of all the archive stories on your account.
- Now, you can reshare, download, and can even delete the archive permanently.
This is how you can easily access the archive on your desktop.
How to unarchive stories on Instagram on PC?
As the Bluestacks is downloaded on your desktop, you can easily unarchive stories and posts on Instagram. The following steps will help you.
- Open the Instagram app on your desktop.
- Now, log in to your Instagram account.
- Go to your profile, and click on the ‘Hamburger’ option in the top right corner of the profile.
- A list will pop up and you have to click on the ‘Archive’ option.
- Now you will see the list of archive stories and posts on your desktop
- Select the story you wish to unarchive, and click the ‘Share’ option.
- Kudos! Your story has been unarchived.
- If you want to, you can delete and even download the archived story.
Why cannot I find Instagram archive stories?
Though Instagram archives are easily accessible to everyone, they may cause problems sometimes. Finding the archive can be a tricky task sometimes. There could be many possible reasons for missing the Instagram archive story.
- Sometimes, you are using an older version of the app which causes problems while operating the app. The same is the case with Instagram. If you are using an older version of Instagram, chances are you might be missing out on some features. Try updating or reinstalling the app and the missing Instagram archive will appear.
- The Instagram server being down can be another reason for the Instagram archive missing. If you are trying to open or find the Archive section when the server is down, then chances are you will not be able to do so. The only thing you can do is wait for some time until the system is up.
- The Instagram bug could be another possible reason if you are facing this problem. Bugs cause minor to major problems with the functioning of the app. Having the bug will not allow the app to work correctly and properly, which is the reason Instagram archives might be missing.
How to fix the Instagram archives missing?
Below are some fixes for the Instagram archive missing.
- Updating the Instagram
If you are still using an old version of Instagram on your desktop, then try to update the app, and then the Instagram archive will appear.
- Restarting the app
Another fix for the error is to disappear is to restart the app and again try to locate the Instagram archive section.
- Logging in again
If you are facing a problem with the Instagram archive missing, then try to log out and again log in to the Instagram account, and you will be able to see your Instagram archives.
Wait for a while
Another easy and effective fix for the problem of Instagram archived posts and stories missing is to wait for some time. Then again open the Instagram app and try to locate the Archives section.
Tips to manage archives on Instagram
Below are some great features for you to manage your Instagram archived posts and stories.
If there are multiple archived posts and stories in your Instagram archive section and you need to find that particular one, you can search for the related keyword or hashtag in the search bar. It is a useful feature as it saves your time from scrolling down hundreds of archived posts and stories.
- Organizing archives
You can also create folders to separately store certain archived posts and stories. Just like making folders like the ‘My birthday’ folder, the ‘Vacations’ folder, or the ‘Newyear Celebration’ folder.
- The date filter
Now you can also use the date filter to sort your archived posts. You can organize them according to the date they were archived.
- The select option
Instagram allows you to select multiple archived posts at once to make it easy for you to delete, or download many archived posts at the same time.
- Reshare option
You can also reshare the archived stories by selecting the story and clicking on the option at the bottom of the screen.
- Restore option
Another thing you can do to the archived posts is to restore them. First, select the post you wish to restore and then click on the ‘Show on Profile’ option on the top right corner of the screen.
You can slo delete the unwanted archives that you don’t require anymore. Just select the desired Instagram archived posts you wish to delete, then open them. After opening it, click on the delete option and the archived photo and stories will be deleted.
Archive on Instagram are the posts that you keep hidden from your followers but are still on your account. It is the only way to delete Instagram posts and stories by just keeping them saved in a different folder and not actually deleting them. Only you can access them. The archives are accessible on your phone as well, as your desktop. If for any reason you are not able to access your Instagram archives on your phone, you can still access archive stories on Instagram on PC. But you only require an Android emulator to find the Instagram archive on your desktop. There are many Android emulators available for your desktop. Some of them are Bluestacks, AetherSX2A, NES.emu, GENPLUSdroid. But the best Android emulator among them all is the Bluestacks. With the help of the above information, you can easily find the Instagram archive on your desktop.
The Instagram archives would not delete by themselves until you delete them yourself. Therefore, there is no time limit for the Instagram archive to last.
Open Instagram and go to the archive section, then select the post you want to delete. Now click on the post and you will see an option to delete it. Click on the delete option and your Instagram archive is deleted.
No, archiving the post will not delete it, instead will store it in a separate folder hidden from your followers.