How to Know If Someone Blocked You On Instagram
The purpose of social media was to share information and make connections with other people. But with time, there are so many cyber crimes increasing. So, all social media platforms make some changes with time for ensuring the privacy of people.
Instagram is the most famous social media platform used by people. If you are one of its users, you may receive various DMs and unwanted messages from different people. So, Instagram updates its version introducing restriction options for its user.
Many people are unaware of this thing. In this article, we will discuss the difference between restriction and blocking, how to know if someone restricted you on Instagram and how you can use this option. Just keep on reading the article, you will get to learn various facts related to Instagram.
- 1 What Do You Mean By Restricted On Instagram?
- 2 Types of Restrictions:-
- 3 How To Know If Someone Restricted You On Instagram?
- 4 How To Check Restrictions On Comments?
- 5 How Do Check Restrictions On Messages?
- 6 How Do Check Restrictions On Activity Status?
- 7 How To Restrict Someone On Instagram
- 8 How To Unrestrict Someone On Instagram?
- 9 How To Block Someone On Instagram?
- 10 How To Unblock Someone On Instagram?
- 11 What Is The Difference Between Restricted And Blocked On Instagram?
- 12 How To Know If Someone Blocked You On Instagram?
- 13 Best Instagram habits you should follow(Tips)
- 14 FAQs
What Do You Mean By Restricted On Instagram?
Let us start from the basics and first learn what restriction depicts on Instagram. With this privacy setting, Instagram gives users the choice to restrict rather than completely revoke access to their accounts.
You can tell if you are in a limited mode by knowing what the restricted features does and does not do. Being limited on Instagram is far more covert and hard to spot than being completely barred.
You may still view that user’s material, including posts, articles, and comments, despite this limitation. You can still “like” a post, and that action will continue to be visible to everyone. The biggest changes come in the area of comments, messages, and activity status.
Types of Restrictions:-
There are three types of restrictions you will face if someone has restricted you on Instagram. So, first, let us know how many restrictions can apply to any other person.
- Restriction on Comments
If someone restricts you, you won’t be able to leave comments on their blog entries. You may leave comments on their posts, and they will show up as normal, just as before.
You may view your remark whenever you open the comment area. However, if someone has limited you and it is not available to the public, just you may read your remark.
You will not able to notice any change but the comment you write is only visible to you and the person who restricted you.
- Restriction on messages
If someone restricts you, you cannot send messages to that person. In the Message Requests folder, your messages will be waiting.
Even if they don’t receive any notifications, they still need to manually check their messages. No notice will be sent to you if your message has been read.
If you both appear in the same group, they will also be informed that the restricted individual is also present in that group.
- Restrictions On Activity Status
If they are restricted, you won’t be able to see their current activity level or whether they are online. You cannot trace when they last read your messages or view their status about when they were online. You won’t be allowed to look up their activity status at all.
How To Know If Someone Restricted You On Instagram?
You have already learned about the types of restrictions a person can apply on Instagram above in the article. So many people were unaware of this function offered by Instagram and they don’t know whether someone has restricted them or not.
The types of restrictions will help you to solve this query of how to know if someone restricted you on Instagram. Let us see all of them individually.
How To Check Restrictions On Comments?
- You have two options to check this restriction. Either you need the help of a friend’s account or you can create another account on Instagram.
- Comment on the post of the person. Take help from your friend who is a mutual friend of both you and that person.
- Check from your friend’s account whether your comment is visible or not. If it is not visible then the person has restricted you.
- Repeat the same steps with another account you made on Instagram.
How Do Check Restrictions On Messages?
- Finding out if someone has limited you or not is a drawn-out procedure.
- You must wait a while after sending a DM through their profile.
- If, after some time, you have not heard from the person but they are still online, it signifies that they have disabled your account’s ability to see messages.
How Do Check Restrictions On Activity Status?
- Open the Settings window under the Profile section.
- Open the Privacy Tab now, then choose Activity Status from the menu.
- The Activity Status may be enabled here and disabled whenever you like.
- Just go to the profile of the individual who could have limited you after you’ve activated this option.
- Check their most recent activity now; if you can view their most recent post or any other activity, that’s excellent; if not, that indicates that you are restricted.
How To Restrict Someone On Instagram
Instagram has launched this convenient method to block someone but politely so the other person doesn’t get offended by you. You have come across so many people interrupting you in your work but you can’t just block them at once. For those people, you can use this amazing feature. You have two options to do this:
Restriction through profile
- Don’t forget to log into the account you wish to prohibit the user from using.
- Use the search feature to discover their profile or go through your followers to find it.
- On their profile, you can find the three-dot button in the upper right corner. When you click it, Instagram will present you with all of your alternatives.
- Press Restrict, which is the first choice you’ll see, to complete the process.
- Your restriction of this user will be verified by Instagram.
Restrictions through Settings
- This part may be found on your profile. In the upper right corner, click the three horizontal lines.
- You may alter everything about your account here, but the Privacy option is what we are focusing on right now.
- You may view the accounts that are blocked from accessing your profile in this area. In the absence of any restrictions, this section will be blank.
- You can use the search box here to locate the user whose access you wish to limit.
- Just enter their name in the search bar and click the “Restrict” option to the right of it.
How To Unrestrict Someone On Instagram?
Now, if you want to remove restrictions from any person whom you once restricted then don’t worry it is very easy to do.
All you have to do to get your limited account back to normal is repeat the prior procedures. You will notice the phrase “Cancel restriction” in place of the word “Restrict.”
How To Block Someone On Instagram?
If someone is sharing with you some uneven content or stalking you then the best option to stop that person on Instagram is to block that person.
There are other options also if you are not sure to remove that person permanently. But sometimes situations are like you don’t leave with any other option. So, to block someone on Instagram:
- Open the Instagram application.
- Use the Search function or scroll through your list of followers to find the account you wish to ban.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, click the three horizontal dots. Click Block.
- To confirm, press Block once more.
How To Unblock Someone On Instagram?
To unblock someone on Instagram follow the given steps:
- To access your profile, click the person symbol in the lower right corner of the screen.
- In the top-right corner of the screen, tap the three horizontal lines.
- Select Settings > Privacy > Blocked Accounts from the menu.
- To access the profile of the account you wish to unblock, press it.
- On their page, click the Unlock button in the bottom-center.
- To confirm, tap Unblock once more.
What Is The Difference Between Restricted And Blocked On Instagram?
Many people are confused between these two terms. Both of these are used to avoid someone that is disturbing you or someone sharing unwanted content. But these two are completely different from one another.
If a person has blocked you, you can only access the information at the top of their profile. The number of posts, followers, and followings are all included in this data. All of your posts, stories, and any other stuff you may have will still be visible to a limited user.
A limited user can comment on someone’s posts, but only the sender and the receiver can see them. A barred user cannot comment on anyone’s posts.
You won’t be able to message someone who has been blocked. Even if messages sent by restricted users are buried in a requests folder and might not be seen, they can still be sent.
How To Know If Someone Blocked You On Instagram?
We have already discussed how to know if someone restricted you on Instagram but now let us learn how to know if someone blocked you. Some of the methods to find out are given below:
- The first method is to look at your messages. If the person blocks you, all your previous chats with that person will disappear and you will no longer conversate with that person again.
- The second way is to search for that person on Instagram. If you are not able to see any post of that person even if they show a post on top then you are blocked.
- Every Instagram profile is accessible through a web browser. Go to Instagram.com/username and be sure to change the username with the user’s real username after ensuring that you are logged in. You either entered the wrong username or you have been blocked if you see the message “Sorry, this page isn’t accessible.”
- If you try to follow that person who has blocked you and after clicking on the ‘follow’ no changes occur then you are blocked.
Best Instagram habits you should follow(Tips)
- To increase your chances of success, make sure to adhere to some of the best Instagram practices.
- Make sure you post frequently but aim for one to three posts each day.
- If you want to do more than that, attempt to group them into packages and publish more frequent but longer postings.
- Make sure you are only sharing relevant, high-quality material for you or your company.
- Because it’s so simple to upload stuff at random, try to express your narrative via your content.
- What happens if someone restricted you on Instagram?
On Instagram, if someone limits you or restricts you, they are effectively preventing you from viewing their profile and posts. If you’re attempting to understand or follow that individual, this might be irritating.
- Can a person comment on your post after restriction?
Restricted accounts can still leave comments on your posts, but they will be buried until you approve them. You won’t be able to see any communications that these accounts send to you. You have the option of ignoring or reading these comments.
- Can people message you if they are restricted?
A limited account can indeed communicate with you. But before they appear in your main inbox, the messages will be concealed from the rest of your inbox and require your approval.
- Can a restricted account see your story?
Yes, everyone may view your story if you have a public account and your profile is set to “Public.” Only your approved followers can read your story if you have a private account.
- Do you get notifications when blocked or restricted?
The restricted or blocked individual may tag and mention you in either situation. While you are not informed when you are blocked. The restrict mode is an exception to this rule. In other words, you’ll be informed if the prohibited individual refers to you.
You now easily check whether someone blocked you or restricted you on Instagram. Instagram intentionally made it tough to identify the restricted mode. The goal is to restrict a user’s communication with the restricted user without the restricted user being aware of it.