Man is always craving entertainment. Long long ago, it was hunting. As time progressed, entered TV and smartphones.
With the constant use of technology, we discovered a whole new world inside these big screens. As the pandemic hit the world, when the world of cinema was in danger, OTT platforms were boosted as the ultimate saviors. Let’s discuss How to Install Paramount Plus on Samsung Smart TV
Among these platforms, where Netflix is the most streamed OTT platform, Hulu, Amazon prime, etc, Paramount Plus is yet another gem of entertainment.
Paramount Plus: The Plus Factor
Paramount+ is an American subscription video-on-demand service owned by Paramount Global.
The service’s content is drawn primarily from the libraries of CBS Media Ventures (including CBS Studios), Paramount Media Networks (formerly Viacom Media Networks and ViacomCBS Domestic Media Networks), and Paramount Pictures,
while also including original series and films, live streaming sports coverage, and in the U.S., live streaming of local CBS broadcast stations.
The most recent episodes of CBS’s shows are usually made available on CBS.com and Paramount+ the day after their original broadcast.
Paramount+ provides complete back catalogs of most of its current series, including full-season “stacking rights” (with the exception of certain series,
such as The Big Bang Theory, which CBS held only “last five” episode rights during its original run, as Warner Bros.
Retains all other rights as the show’s distributor), as well as a wide selection of episodes of classic series from the CBS Media Ventures program library – including shows previously owned by the original Paramount
Television made for both CBS and other networks prior to CBS’s acquisition of its program library through the CBS-Viacom split (including the complete episode catalog of shows like Star Trek, Cheers, MacGyver, Twin Peaks, and CSI: Miami),
along with the pre-1973 NBC and ABC libraries to subscribers of the service. Paramount+ also carries behind-the-scenes features from CBS programs and special events,
and (beginning with the 17th season in June 2015) live feeds and special content from the reality series Big Brother.
Stream Today | How to Install Paramount Plus on Samsung Smart TV
Well, wouldn’t it be great if you could switch streaming your favorite shows from the small screen on your phone to the big screen of your smart TV?
No worries because here’s how you can install Paramount Plus on your Samsung smart TV:
- Turn the TV on and go to “Apps” with the help of the TV remote.
- Go to the Search icon on the top right corner of your TV.
- Type Paramount+ in the search box.
- Choose the Paramount+ app among the options and then select the Install option.
- Launch the Paramount+ app after installing the Paramount+ app.
- Select Sign in with the Paramount+ app.
- Fill up an ID and password to begin.
- Start streaming your favorite content on Paramount+.
Ensure the TV is linked to the internet and that there are no mistakes in the search before downloading any apps since this will require using the home WiFi network.
If the Paramount+ app does not appear in the search results, your model Samsung smart TV isn’t yet compatible.
One step ahead
If a user has an active subscription, they may begin streaming immediately by going to the website, clicking the “Sign In” button, then choosing the “On My TV” option and entering their Paramount+ account information.
If you’re a new user, you may begin the subscription process on the TV, but you’ll still need a PC, laptop, or smartphone to finish the procedure.
Start the procedure by selecting “Sign Up” from the Paramount+ app.
The next step is to open a web browser on a computer, laptop, or mobile device and navigate to paramountplus.com/samsung tv
where they’ll be prompted to input the code displayed on the TV. Press the “Activate” button after entering the code.
The Activation Process
- After installation, the first step is to launch the Paramount+ app on your Samsung TV.
- Click the login button.
- There are two methods to activate Paramount+ – On my TV and On the Web
- Go with the On my TV option and to sign into Paramount Plus, enter your login information and click the Sign in button.
- Record the screen’s activation code.
Enter the activation code at the Paramount Plus website (www.paramountplus.com/tv).
Tap Activate and log into Paramount Plus.
Restart the app on the TV
- Select your chosen choice and activate it.
- After successfully setting up the Paramount+ app, you may watch any available material on your Samsung Smart TV with the help of your subscription plans.
Subscription Plans on Paramount Plus
After successfully installing and signing in to the Paramount Plus app, you have to choose one of the several available options for subscriptions in order to start watching your favorite shows.
Here’s a list of the subscription plans available on Paramount Plus:
Monthly – 4.99$
Yearly – 49.99$
Monthly – 9.99$
Yearly – 99.99$
Essential + Showtime Plan:
Monthly – 11.99$
Yearly – 119.99$
Premium + Showtime Plan:
Monthly – 14.99$
Yearly – 149.99$
Go Further | Streaming Paramount Plus via Casting Devices
- Connect your Samsung TV and mobile device to the same WiFi network.
- Launch the Paramount+ app on your smartphone.
- Get access to all of your Paramount stuff through your account
- Browse to the playback screen and select the Cast icon.
- If you want to cast to a Samsung TV, choose its name from the drop-down menu.
Watch the Paramount Plus movie on your Samsung Smart TV and relax.
The Paramount Plus app not working on Samsung TV is probably due to an outdated app. To solve this issue, reinstall the app on your Samsung Smart TV via the app store.
Before diving into the solutions, it is important to understand the reasons why Paramount Plus crashes on a Samsung TV:
- There are bugs in the Paramount Plus app or glitches in your Samsung TV.
- Your Paramount Plus app is not up-to-date.
- The operating system of your Samsung TV needs an update.
- Your Wi-Fi network is too slow or unstable.
Check Server Status
Before trying on your own, make sure you check Paramount’s server status.
While it is a rare occurrence, the Paramount Plus app may not be working because of a global outage in the service.
If your browser cannot access paramountplus.com servers, you may see an error code 124 flash on your screen. Another server-related error is the Paramount Plus error code 3205.
You can check the status of Paramount servers on their help page. In such a case, your app will start working once the services are restored.
An outdated app can be home to several bugs and glitches which can interfere with the functionality of the app.
Hence, it is imperative to ensure that the Paramount app is up to date.
To do this, you will have to uninstall and then reinstall the app on your Samsung TV.
Follow these steps:
- Long press the “Return/Exit” key on the remote to force shut the app.
- Press “Home” on the remote.
- Navigate to “Apps” from the menu on-screen.
- Select “Settings”.
- Select “Paramount Plus”.
- Press “Delete”.
- Select the “Return/Exit” button on the remote to return to the Apps screen.
- In the search bar, enter “Paramount Plus”.
- Click “Install”
- Open the app and enter your login details.
If you’re still facing a problem loading the Paramount app, the issue might be with your internet. Slow or unstable internet can hinder the functionality of the Paramount App.
To ensure that the internet is not an issue, run a speed test. If the speed is not up to the mark, restart your router and the modem.
Re-check the Paramount Plus Subscription
Oftentimes, your Paramount Plus subscription can get canceled because of payment issues without a notification. In this case, you won’t be able to stream content.
To ensure this is not an issue, you can check your account status. This can be done by following these steps:
- Open http://paramountplus.com/ in your browser.
- Sign in to your account
- Click on your username
- Click “Account”
You can see the validity of your subscription here. In case your subscription has expired, you will have to re-subscribe and re-add the payment method.
You can follow these steps to reactivate your subscription plan:
- Open http://paramountplus.com/account in your browser.
- Navigate to the “Account” page.
- Click on “Subscribe Now” to restart your subscription and choose your subscription plan.
Sometimes, due to a glitch, in the user profile, the app crashes. To rule out this problem, create a new profile and check if you are able to stream content now.
To create a new profile in the Paramount Plus app on Samsung TV, follow these steps:
- Launch the “Paramount Plus” app on your TV.
- Navigate to the profile photo located at the bottom-left of the screen.
- Click on the “+” icon to add a new profile.
- Enter a new name and save the profile.
- Re-launch the Paramount Plus app from “Home”
- Select the new profile on startup.
To reduce the time required to load, apps save frequently accessed information as a cache. However, your smart TV’s resources are very limited.
Too much cache slows the TV down and hinders the performance of apps. The stored cache can also affect the functionality of the paramount app.
In this case, it is only viable that you clear the cache.
To clear the cache of the Paramount Plus app on Samsung Smart TV, follow these steps:
- Press the “Home” button on your remote.
- Navigate to “Settings” from the on-screen menu and click on “Apps”
- Select “System Apps”.
- Select the “Paramount Plus” app and click on “Clear Cache”.
- You have tried everything you can with your Paramount Plus app on Samsung Smart TV.
If your app is still not working, try using the app on another device like a mobile phone or laptop.
If the app works fine there, the issue is being caused by your Samsung Smart TV.
Reset the TV
You can try a cold boot if Paramount Plus won’t install on your Samsung TV. The TV may be restarted by pressing and holding the power button on the remote for 5-10 seconds while the TV is on.
Search for the Paramount+ app in your device’s library; it should download and install without a hitch. If restarting from the cold doesn’t work, other alternative options exist.
The problem might be because of several factors, like incompatibility, corrupted cache files,
lack of available storage space, problems with the smart hub, an out-of-current version of the Tizen operating system, incorrect date, and time settings, or a malfunctioning server.
To restart your Samsung TV, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the “Power” button on your remote till the TV turns off and on again. This should take 10-15 seconds.
- Unplug the TV from the electric socket, wait for 30 seconds, plug it back in, and press the “Power” button on your TV.
Do the update
When your apps auto-update in the background, some of them may lose compatibility with the current version of your TV’s software.
In such cases, you need to update your Samsung Smart TV to get the apps working again.
To update the software of your Samsung Smart TV, follow these steps:
- Press the “Home” button on your remote control
- Navigate to “Settings”
- Go to “Support” and select the “Software Update” tab
- Click “Update Now”
- Once the download is finished, click on “Install”
Note: If there is no update available, this means your Smart TV is already up to date.
Samsung smart Hub
If updating your Samsung TV software does not work, the next step is to reset your Samsung Smart Hub.
Note: Resetting the Samsung Smart Hub will sign you out of every app installed on your smart TV.
Make sure you have the login information of all your apps handy before proceeding with this.
- Press “Home” on your remote control
- Navigate to “Settings” on the screen
- Click on “Support” and select “Service Care”
- Click “Self Diagnosis”. For TV models before 2020, you can find the “Self Diagnosis” option directly in the “Support” menu
- Click “Reset Smart Hub”
If prompted for a pin, enter the default pin of 0000. Or, enter the pin that you’ve created while setting up your Samsung smart hub.
Compatibility between all devices is essential to a great streaming experience. The Paramount Plus app may not work if the DNS records on your TV’s cache do not match with those on your internet provider’s server.
To fix this, you need to update the DNS configuration on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Access the router to view IP DNS settings.
- Go to “Settings” on your Samsung Smart TV’s home screen.
- Open “General”
- Click on “Network”.
- In the “Network Status” tab
- Click on “IP Settings”.
- Click on “DNS Settings”.
Manually enter your IP DNS settings into the Samsung network connection.
Factory Reset Samsung TV
If the Paramount Plus app is still not working on your Samsung Smart TV, the last option is to factory reset your TV.
This will remove all your preferences and the installed apps.
Make sure you have the login information of all the apps handy before moving forward.
To factory reset your Samsung Smart TV
- Press the “Home” button on your remote control
- Navigate to “Settings” and open the “General” tab
- Click “Reset”
- Enter your pin (If you have never created a pin, the default pin should be 0000)
- Press “OK” to begin the reset
How to stream Paramount Plus on an older version of Samsung smart TV
Yes, unfortunately only certain versions of the Samsung smart TV are compatible for Paramount Plus to work. But don’t worry because
we’re here with our list of alternatives that you can adopt to stream Paramount Plus on your Samsung smart TV even if it’s an older version!
Every Samsung smart TV model does not support Paramount Plus. But you may still use a streaming device that offers Paramount Plus to watch Netflix on your Samsung TV, provided that your smart TV is compatible with the service.
Several streaming devices like Roku stick, Amazon Firestick, Apple TV, and Google Chromecast serve best for this purpose. Streaming gadgets might already be in your possession so get them to use!
Connect your Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, or other USB stick streaming device to your Samsung TV’s HDMI connection to watch your favorite shows and movies.
Once the streaming device is connected and turned on, you may change the TV’s input to the HDMI cable.
Enable Sync devices to the Samsung TV
This method requires a little effort to implement. If you don’t already have a streaming gadget, there’s no need to go out and buy one.
When using the Paramount Plus app, you can use screen sharing to send the action from your mobile device or computer to your Samsung TV.
Both wired HDMI connections and wireless screen sharing are supported.
How can I find Paramount Plus on my Samsung smart TV?
When you press the Home button on the TV remote, it will cause the Paramount Plus app to download on the TV. A selection menu containing all the apps and media you have installed should appear.
Once you’ve located the row of apps, scroll to the left until you see the Search icon. To find Paramount Plus, click on it and type “Paramount Plus”
Why doesn’t my Smart TV show the Paramount App?
Paramount+ multimedia streaming is not compatible with Smart TV web browsers. However, users can access CBS programming on various additional devices and platforms.
How can I update my Samsung Smart TV?
Select “Support” from the Settings menu on your TV’s remote. Choose to update the software by clicking the “Update now” option.
Your TV will automatically download and install the latest available updates. A software update may take a few minutes to finish, so please refrain from turning off the TV during that time.
How can I cast Paramount Plus to other devices?
Ensure that the device you intend to cast from and the Chromecast are on the same WiFi network. Developers regularly release new versions of the Paramount+ app, so you must always have the most recent version installed to avoid issues with streaming content.
Calling it a Day
Hence, in this way, we tried to cover every aspect of the issues and solutions that adhere How to Install Paramount Plus on Samsung Smart TV.
Not only that, but we also gave prior context to the article so that the readers can know what they were reading about. If you have any individual queries, you can use the comments box to put them forward.