In this rapidly polarizing world, there are very few things, such as a shared love for a game, a mutual hatred for that one obnoxious person, or a collective simply over your favorite celebrity, which brings people closer to one another.
Social media is one such platform that helps people find solidarity in the form of the exchange of memes, videos, and compliments. (the most important of them all). Today, as we see the emergence of a variety of new social media apps, there is one OG app that has stood the test of time. Do you know how to find your contacts on Instagram?
Yes, We talking about Instagram. Most favored among Gen Z, it gradually made a place for itself in the hearts of the millennials, gen x, and boomers.
Part of it is because it has something for everyone, from reels to normal posts, color modulation filters to the weirdest filters known to mankind, you name it and Instagram will have it.
But with an app so vast, there are certain features or updates of it that people find it difficult to work their way around.
For example, some can’t seem to find the answer to the question ‘How to find your contacts on Instagram?’. And that is why We are here, to make you aware of the latest updates and the easiest of features. Without further adieu, let’s get started.
What Is Instagram?
In case you’re living under a rock Instagram is a free photo and video-sharing app available to both Apple and Android users. You can use it as your pictorial journal, photo editor, comedic relief, newspaper, and whatnot.
It is owned by the American company Meta Platforms and yes, you know it already, it is the same company that owns Facebook and WhatsApp too. To put it in simpler words, Instagram is sort of an amalgamation of the best features of different social media apps.
For instance, they took stories from Snapchat, reels from Tiktok, long-form videos from YouTube, picture dumps from Facebook, and done! You’ve got yourself the recipe of Instagram where everything is under one roof.
How To Find Your Contacts On Instagram?
To make Instagram a worthwhile experience, you must have the most wholesome internet community which can also constitute of people you already have in your contacts. But wouldn’t it be so tiresome and mundane to search for each one of them on the app?
Yes, It’d be and that is why there is a way better option to do so. Your question ‘How to find phone contacts on Instagram?’ links directly back to this. You might be unaware that there is a built-in contact syncing feature that can help you resolve your query of how to find phone number contacts on Instagram.
We have to give the app permission to access your contacts for the feature to work by following the simple steps :
- Open your app and tap on the profile icon, located on the bottom-right side of the screen.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines located in the top-right corner and click on Settings.
- Now, click on Account.
- Select Contacts-syncing and then turn on the button to give permission. Instagram will then ask for permission again to access your contacts, click on ok.
You can anytime retrieve the permission by turning off the contacts-syncing button. You can also sync your contacts by a different method :
- Click on your profile icon.
- Under Discover People, scroll right through the list of recommended contacts and tap Follow under a profile, or select See All.
- If prompted, click on Allow access to give the app permission to sync your device contacts.
- Then, you can click on Follow under Contact or click on Connect to Facebook if you want to search for your Facebook friends on Instagram.
What Are Instagram Notes?
Recently, Instagram launched a new feature called Notes that had people talking. You might have seen it, it is hard not to, as they are right there in your inbox above your DMs.
But what are they there for? Well, think of them as the little post-it notes that you leave for your loved ones to see on the refrigerator, except that they are in digital form. They are just like stories but in written form.
You can think of them as a space between your stories and DMs, also they are said to be of great use to start a conversation with your ex. They are a maximum of 60 characters long, so you have to be precise with your thoughts and words. (definitely not for me)
Also, they’ll disappear after 24 hours so that’s a relief. Now how can you make a note on Instagram? Follow the steps :
- Open the app and go to your inbox which is in the top right corner.
- Click on the box that says “Leave a note” in the top left corner.
- Write whatever you want to share with your followers, and then click on share.
How To View Someone’s Instagram Story Without Them Knowing?
Means to view someone’s Instagram story anonymously.
More often than not, we find ourselves in a position where we HAVE to turn on our stalker skills and view someone’s story without them knowing.
It could be of a friend we’re not on talking terms with, or of an ex who is currently suffering from God complex. Whatever might be the reason, it is tough but not impossible. There are three ways to do it.
- You can use an anonymous or fake account to view the story. But this method can only work if the person has a public account or if your fake account is in their followers’ list.
- It is also possible to view someone’s insta story anonymously by ensuring your mobile device has airplane mode enabled before you watch them.
- You can also watch the stories through a third-party app like Instander which promise to keep your identity safe but they can also be unreliable sometimes.
What Is Instagram QR Code?
You might have not. So basically, Instagram has its own set of QR codes for different profiles so that following someone becomes as easy as scanning. When scanned the QR code sends users directly to an Instagram page where they can decide to follow it or not.
You should know that making your code is quite easy.
- Just open the Instagram app and tap on your Account icon in the bottom right corner.
- Then click on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner to open the menu.
- Further, select the QR code option.
- You’ll now be presented with your QR code. To save it, you can either take a screenshot or click on the Share icon in the top right corner.
Instagram: An Ocean Of Exhilarating Features.
As you might have gathered from the article above, Instagram has a lot of features that are entertaining and useful simultaneously.
With the rise of small businesses, thrift stores, influencers, artists, and content creators, Instagram is nothing short of a multinational company with different franchises.
But as a user, it is your responsibility to be mindful of the quality and quantity of content you’re consuming as it has a direct impact on your everyday life.
We Hope this article helped you in getting acquainted with Instagram a lot better and the next time you don’t have to google search ‘how to find contacts on Instagram?’.
Why do people use QR codes on Instagram?
People can share posts, reels, tags, and locations on its searchable map experience through QR codes.
Can I reply on Instagram notes?
People can reply to Instagram notes by clicking on them and then your message will be seen by the person, who posted the note, in their DMs.
If I connect my contacts to Instagram, will they get a notification?
No, they won’t get any notification from Instagram regarding the same.
How to find blocked contacts on Instagram?
You can find them in your settings. Go to your profile then click on the top right corner, then go to settings. Click on privacy and then go to blocked accounts.