How To Delete TikTok Story | Step by Step Guide 2023
Are you guys searching for how to delete TikTok story? If yes. Then you came to the right place because here you will get to know it and also many things about TikTok.
Sometimes we upload a story by mistake or uploaded and later realised that it is not that good and want to delete it and then get panic about what to do now. Relax guys… Don’t need to get panic further as here this problem will be resolved.
The story is a feature TikTok launched in late 2021 and is fast becoming one of its fastest-growing features. Similar to Snapchat and Instagram, Stories are a great way to strengthen your connection with your audience and grow your following.
But what if you posted something by mistake? How do you delete a TikTok story and what should you be careful about?
In this article, we’ll talk you through everything you need to know, including a step-by-step guide to quickly deleting stories.
let’s start! With the blog how to delete TikTok story?
What Are TikTok Stories?
Stories is a new feature on TikTok that lets you share videos that automatically disappear from your profile after 24 hours. These videos can be up to 15 seconds long, similar to stories on other social networks like Snapchat and Instagram.
In this sense, the TikTok Stories feature is very similar to Stories on other platforms. For example, you can view a list of people who have viewed or interacted with your posted story.
You’ll also have a blue ring around your profile picture to let your followers know there’s a story you’d like to see. Others can tap your profile picture to view your story.
Additionally, if a user finds her TikTok video on the For You page, the video will display a “Story” tag to let them know there is a story to watch. This is an area where TikTok Stories is somewhat different from other platforms.
Why TikTok Stories Matter?
- Now the question arises: why do we need TikTok Stories? TikTok videos are already short enough, so why bother posting a 15-second video that disappears after 24 hours? Here are some reasons why you should consider using TikTok Stories:
- It’s time for a short video. People are starting to prefer shorter videos. Sprout Social found that short-form videos caught 2.5 times more consumer interest than long-form videos.
Not surprisingly, short-form videos have emerged as the most engaging in-feed content on social media.
- The short nature of TikTok stories can be an effective way to engage your audience.
- The content of stories tends to be less premeditated, providing an authentic way to engage your audience. The TikTok team developed Stories to allow users to provide their viewers with real, authentic insights into their lives, enabling deeper engagement.
TikTok has established itself as one of the leading social networks.
- A previous Sprout Social survey also found him to be one of the top four platforms consumers plan to use the most in the next 12 months. As TikTok usage grows, marketers will need to focus effort and resources on the platform to adapt. This means leveraging the platform’s latest features to gain a competitive advantage.
How To Use TikTok Stories
- Once that is clear, let’s move on to the topic of using functions. How do I get started with TikTok Stories? Follow the steps below to publish your first story on TikTok.
- Click the “+” icon on the TikTok home screen to open the Creator window.
- Swipe the bottom bar and select the Stories option. If you don’t see it, make sure you’re using the latest version of his TikTok app. Alternatively, you may not see this option if TikTok Stories is not yet available in your region.
- In the right pane, tap the Timer icon. This allows you to set a time limit for your video. You can choose from standard 3-second or 10-second recording options. Alternatively, you can manually drag the bottom bar to set a custom timeout between 1 and 15 seconds.
- TikTok lets you record stories natively, so there’s no need to create videos ahead of time. Tap the quick camera button to start recording a new video. If you prefer, you can also upload your recorded videos as Instagram Stories. To do this, tap the Upload button on the right and select a video from your camera roll.
Once your video is complete, you can save it as a file instantly.
How To Delete TikTok Story
- Luckily, deleting TikTok stories is very easy.
- The whole process takes seconds once you know what to do.
- So how do you delete one of your stories on TikTok? Follow these instructions.
- Open the TikTok app.
- Please visit my profile. Tap your profile picture to open your TikTok story.
- Go to the story or segment you want to delete.
- Tap the three dots icon on the bottom right.
- In the new window that opens, tap the “Delete” button that looks like a trash can icon.
- In the confirmation window that appears, tap Delete.
- The story is then permanently deleted. Read on to learn how to permanently delete a TikTok story.
Can Someone Tell You It Has Been Removed?
- After deleting a story you may be wondering – does anyone know you deleted it? Is there some kind of notification that the story was deleted even though it was there?
- Currently, the answer is No.
- A deleted story may never have existed in the first place. TikTok does not leave a notification that a story has been deleted. Also, I don’t see anything to indicate that the story has been posted.
- Of course, if one of your follower’s girlfriends sees it, chances are they can tell others about it.
- Additionally, someone could have recorded it before it was deleted. Anything you post on the internet can stay there forever. Only one person needs to be saved before you lose control of it.
- That’s why it’s important to delete stories as soon as you decide to delete them. Especially if you have a lot of followers.
Is There A Way To Recover Deleted TikTok Stories?
- Let’s say you accidentally deleted a TikTok story. Is there a way to restore or revert?
Unfortunately, the answer is No.
- When a story is deleted on TikTok, it is permanently deleted. No one – not even the creator -can get a copy of it.
- So if you don’t want to lose them permanently, it’s a good idea to back up your stories before deleting them.
- Stories can’t be automatically saved to your Camera Roll or Photos, but just like his regular TikTok videos, you can click the three-dot icon and click Save Video to download the story before deleting it can.
How Long Before TikTok Stories Are Automatically Deleted?
- Note that even if you don’t manually delete your TikTok story after posting, it will be automatically deleted immediately.
- Like Snapchat and Instagram, TikTok stories are saved for 24 hours and then automatically deleted.
- After this time no one can see them and they are automatically deleted. If your goal is to grow your followers (or connect with your existing followers), it’s important to keep a 24-hour timer in mind and post regularly.
How Many Stories Can We Post Per Day
- TikTok recommends posting 1-4 times a day.
- To find a posting schedule that satisfies both the TikTok algorithm and your fans, watch your performance closely until you find the right frequency.
- However, some hours and days seem to work better than others across the board.
- And if you’re building your audience from scratch, you probably don’t have historical data to compare yet.
How To Delete TikTok Story Easily?
- A TikTok story stays active for 24 hours, but you can turn it off at any time if it seems a bit longer or if you don’t like the results of your video.
- Go to your profile and click on your story.
- Press his three-dot button at the bottom of the sidebar.
- Swipe to the bottom of the bottom list of options until you see the Delete option.
- Click it to remove the story.
So here we conclude our article which was all about how to delete TikTok story.
As we said you will get to know a lot of things about TikTok. Deleting a TikTok story is a simple process that only takes a few seconds. If you post something by mistake, don’t worry. If you’re fast, you should be able to remove it without anyone’s news.
We hope you found this article useful. If you have any other questions about TikTok Stories, ask them using the comment form below. Thank you for giving your precious time to this article. Have a nice day…!!
Can we still retrieve a story I’ve deleted on the TikTok app?
Unfortunately, deleting a TikTok story cannot be undone. There is currently no archive feature to save previous or deleted Stories uploaded to the app.
How do we reply to a comment made on my TikTok story?
In the current version of the app, it is not possible to reply to comments on TikTok stories. However, you can also comment, react, and share stories on other of his TikTok users and other social media apps like Facebook and Instagram.
How do you add a story on TikTok?
To create a story on TikTok, use the ‘plus’ icon to record directly from the app or upload a video from your device. Once the video is available on his TikTok app, click the red checkmark to edit the story before posting, or save it to your Drafts folder first.
How can we view other people’s TikTok stories?
To view other people’s stories on TikTok, press the magnifying glass icon before entering your username. From the dropdown menu, tap the person’s profile to open their profile page. Then tap the profile icon to view his story. However, this is only possible if your profile picture is surrounded by a blue ring.
What is the ideal length of a TikTok story?
When creating a TikTok story, keep it under 15 seconds. The shorter the video, the better.
How long do TikTok stories last?
TikTok stories, like Instagram stories, are available 24 hours a day. However, unlike Instagram, you can’t create highlights from TikTok stories that last longer than 24 hours.
Leave a Reply