Instagram is the most popular and most used social media platform. From making new connections to posting pictures and videos, it always holds your attention. As you are an Instagram user, you might be aware of its advanced settings. To spice up your Instagram uploads you must access the advanced settings. But how do you access advanced settings on Instagram? No worries, we are here with a guide to help you access advanced settings on Instagram.
- Instagram has several general settings and now it also has some advanced settings.
- By following some simple steps, you can easily access advanced settings on Instagram.
- You can upload high-quality pictures and videos by enabling high-quality uploads.
However, you must read till the end to completely know how to access advanced settings on Instagram.
Steps to access advanced settings on Instagram
If you are unable to find advanced settings on Instagram, then you must follow the steps below
- Open your Instagram app.
- Then go to your profile.
- Now tap on the + icon on your profile and select the post option.
- Now select the picture or video you wish to upload.
- There you will find an arrow at the top right corner of the screen.
- Another screen will appear where you will find the option of Advanced Settings at the bottom.
Now, you will see a list of multiple settings that will allow you to customize your post according to your wish.
Different Instagram Advanced Settings
There are a set of general settings and advanced settings on Instagram. General settings include setting close friends, public or private accounts and even controlling who can interact with you. But Instagram offers many new and exciting features to its users through its advanced settings. Hiding likes and views on your post, turning off comments on your posts, and even sharing your posts on Facebook, are all parts of advanced settings on Instagram.
Setting for High-Quality Instagram uploads
If you upload a picture on Instagram, it will automatically compress it to a lower resolution. This is the reason why pictures posted on Instagram are not comparable to the original pictures as they are low in quality.
Instagram will compress your picture for obvious reasons. If it doesn’t compress your pictures, the uploading time will be and also the data consumption will increase. But if you want to upload high-quality posts on Instagram, then you must follow the below steps.
High-quality uploads for Android
- Open your Instagram app
- Then go to your profile.
- Now, at the top right corner of your profile, you will see the hamburger option with three lines.
- Tap on the hamburger icon and a list will appear on your screen.
- Now, select the Settings option.
- Now go to the account option with a profile icon prior to it.
- Now, locate the Cellular Data Use option. After tapping it, the mobile data settings will appear.
- You will see a high-quality upload option, enable the option.
If you follow all the above steps, you will be able to post high-quality content on Instagram.
High-Quality Upload for IOS
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Now go to your profile.
- Tap on the hamburger icon located at the top right corner of your profile.
- A menu will appear, where you have to locate settings.
- Now, tap on the settings option and go to the account option.
- A list will pop up where you have to locate the data usage option
- Click on the data usage option and the ‘Upload at high quality’ option will appear.
- Enable that option.
Now you can easily upload high-quality pictures and videos.
Posting on Instagram is more fun if you get to customize your uploads according to yourself. You can hide the number of likes and views on your posts and can also turn off comments on your posts. There are many such options that you get only when you have access to the advanced settings on Instagram.
If you are using an older version of Instagram, then the settings on your Instagram might be different from others.
Instagram quality can simply be improved by enabling high-quality uploads in your Instagram settings.
There may be several reasons for low-quality Instagram feeds and one of them is poor or unstable Instagram connection. Try fixing the connection might resolve the problem of low-quality Instagram feed.
A preferable resolution for an Instagram image is 1080 x 1080 pixels and the image format must be .jpg and .png. While video file format must be .mp4 and file size must not exceed 4GB.