When it comes to Instagram, there is no doubt it is the most used and most loved social media platform these days. You all might post different stuff on Instagram and love to see posts and stories of your favourite person. But what if due to some reasons you are stuck with the old feed and stories that are repeating? But fixing this issue is not rocket science and needs minimal effort. Here are 3+ ways to Fix Instagram stories Repeating Error.
- Instagram can sometimes cause you inconvenience by repeating stories error, this might ruin your experience as you would not like to see someone’s story again and again.
- Repeating stories error means that instagram will only show you stories of a same person for sometime, unless you try to fix the error
- There are several ways by which we can resolve the Instagram stories repeating error.
However, if you go through the entire information, you will be able to know how to fix Instagram stories repeating error.
Why is there an issue of Instagram stories repeating?
There may be many reasons you might face this problem.
- Updating Instagram
The first thing that might be causing you this problem is that your Instagram might not be updated and you are using an outdated version of Instagram. You need to update your Instagram and then this problem will be solved.
- Technical glitches
Another way you might be facing this problem is that there might be some technical glitches that are causing this problem. Some common problems caused by Instagram technical glitches are Please wait for a few minutes, This story is unavailable, photo cannot be posted and many more.
- Internet connection
Instagram stories repeating might be because of a slow internet connection. A slow internet connection will cause Instagram to show you only the old stories and not the new ones.
How can you fix Instagram stories repeating?
- Checking the Instagram
If the Instagram server is down, it will not be able to load the new feed and will show you the old stories.
- Uninstalling the old version of Instagram
To fix Instagram stories repeating, you should uninstall and reinstall your Instagram. You have then installed the new version on Instagram that would not contain this problem.
Here is how you can install the latest version of Instagram.
- Go to the Instagram app on your device..
- Long press it
- After long pressing, a list will appear.
- Tap the uninstall option on the screen.
- Then confirm that you want to uninstall the app.
- Your app will be uninstalled.
- Now go to the google play store.
- Search for Instagram, and click on Install.
- The updated version of Instagram will be installed.
- Locate the app on your device.
- Long press it and you will see a pop-up.
- Click on delete the app.
- Now confirm if you want to uninstall the app.
- Now the old version of the Instagram app is deleted.
- Then go to the app store.
- Now you can search for the Instagram app there.
- Once you find Instagram, install it.
- Now you will have an updated version of Instagram.
- Restarting the device.
Instagram shows repeating problems that can be easily fixed if you restart your new device. After restarting the device, again open Instagram and the repeating error will disappear. Below are the steps you can follow to restart your device.
- You have to long press the power button of your device, which is at the side of your phone.
- After long pressing the button, the device will ask you to confirm if you want to restart the phone.
- Confirm it and your phone will restart
- Press the side power button of your iPhone.
- Along with long pressing the button, drag the slider, you have to drag it till the end.
- Your device will restart.
- Clearing caches
Another way to fix Instagram stories repeating is to clear caches. The cache is the data that Instagram stores daily. It is important to clear stored caches otherwise it causes problems with the app functioning. To clear caches follow the steps
- Go to your device’s settings.
- Go to the ‘apps’ option.
- Then find Instagram there.
- Tap on Instagram and then go to storage.
- In storage, there you will find the clear cache.
- Press on the ‘ clear cache’ option and the caches will be removed.
Why is Instagram continuously showing me stories of the same person?
Instagram works based on some algorithms. This algorithm observes and analyzes the activities of its users. It also knows what the user’s preferences and usage patterns are. It analyzes your search history, posts you go through on Instagram posts that you have liked and posts that you have commented on. According to this analysis, it shows you a feed that would fit your preferences and you find that feed interesting. It also observes people with whom you have interacted frequently and accordingly shows you mutuals and profiles you interact with the the most at the top of your feed.
Instagram suggested posts and stories that match your preferences. Due to this reason, Instagram will show you the story of a particular person.
Instagram story repeating is a very common problem and can be fixed. It is just a minor glitch caused by certain reasons and can be solved by the above methods. We hope that the above information will be useful for you to fix the problem.
If you are not able to post a story that you were willing to post, simply check the internet connection. If the problem persists then you can delete the story and again try to post it.
The answer to this question is yes. You can easily add any link to your Instagram story. For this, you have to simply open the add story option. There you will have to go to the sticker option and click on add link option.